So, I thought it
might be a little interesting to let you in to my head while I partake in this
journey I have signed myself up for.
Let’s start at the beginning....
Why am I shaving my head?
In 2012 I became involved in The Angel Project-NZ which was started by
the lovely Deb Shepherd. Deb and I grew
up in the same area and attended the same schools although a few years
apart. In early 2012 my beautiful friend
and Deb’s cousin married the man of her dreams and Deb and I connected over the
wedding photos on Facebook. I noticed
that Deb was fundraising tirelessly for a wee boy that needed to be in America
to get treatment for a very rare condition.
When I looked further I saw that she had fundraised for many different
causes over the years. I was inspired! I donated a
couple of vouchers for cakes or cupcakes to be auctioned on Trade Me in
2012, when 2013 rolled around I was trying to think of something more I could
do, I wanted to raise more money.
A light bulb went on...... How about I shave my head for
CanTeen! Surely most of my friends and
family would support me and sponsor me?
I contacted Deb and we talked through ideas, we invited a few other
people in on our discussion and they were all supportive too. And so Angels for CanTeen was born.
Already I have made great connections with new people, it
feels great to be working on this project and I can see my enthusiasm reflected
back to me by the people I talk to about
it.
I was growing my hair in 2013 but I am now very proud to
say I will shave my head for CanTeen in
September 2013 and I hope you will join our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment